Main Menu

VR Real-time

Started by PeterSwift, November 15, 2018, 06:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

I'm looking into presenting ideas in VR.
So as I understand there is two ways. 

1. Real-time with VR Camera , using VRheadset.   How to the person move around the scene? Looking around with the headset ,but moving, is there any options more then the keyboard arrows.
Can you enable Walkthough mode with VR Heatset?

2. 360 image, standing still just looking around a rendering.

Did I miss anything?
I'm afraid most computers will be to slow to do real-time rendering of a interior shot, they are usally the most heavy scenes.

Does Oculus/Vive work on Mac with keyshot?

Rex

Hi Peter,

You are right that these are the current solutions. However, we are working on a true VR experience which you an inquire about here: https://www.keyshot.com/keyvr/

Bacon

Quote from: Rex on November 16, 2018, 03:32:30 PM
Hi Peter,

You are right that these are the current solutions. However, we are working on a true VR experience which you an inquire about here: https://www.keyshot.com/keyvr/

I'm having issues setting up the Camera within Keyshot 7 Pro in order to make it output in real time to a HTC Vive. The walkthrough on the online manual doesn't seem to actually match up with what I am seeing in my Keyshot project. I don't see a "lens" option but I do see a "Enable VR" option within the camera menu but it is greyed out even when I have steamVR running and the Vive fully set up.

Is it possible to view your project in real time with VR HMDs atm or do we have to wait for this new VR product you linked? I rather stick with Keyshot than have to switch to VRED. Setting up stuff to be viewed in VR is so easy in VRED.

Rex

Sounds like you are actually using KeyShot HD?

Bacon

Quote from: Rex on December 17, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
Sounds like you are actually using KeyShot HD?

At the top of the project it says "Keyshot Pro 7.3". It is the floating license version if that makes any difference.

Rex

So if you open a new scene "Enable VR" is grayed out in the menu and you don't see a Lens Setting for "Panoramic"?

If so, can you contact support@luxion.com? We might need to remote in to your machine to troubleshoot.

Bacon

Rex, it seemed like an issue over on the SteamVR side. I found that I had to start up SteamVR after Keyshot. Also I was never able to get the "Enable VR" option to not be greyed out but the Camera approach did end up working.