;) We're going to turn KS into a full on 3D suite soon enough! LOL

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: DMerz III on December 07, 2018, 08:07:16 AM
;) We're going to turn KS into a full on 3D suite soon enough! LOL
Haha, yeah. Can't wait  8)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 07, 2018, 06:18:06 AM
Wish #6
A way to tell KeyShot (or automatically detect) that the displacement used in the scene is static and doesn't need to be recalculated for each frame when outputting an animation.

/Edit: Alternatively a way to bake/freeze the displacement into the geometry directly inside the scene, without the need for exporting the displaced parts and importing them it back into the scene.

I was recently asked if KS cached calculations like this before rendering... this one's on my mind too. I could see this making a huge difference.

Esben Oxholm

Wish #7
Split screen real-time view or an additional window just like the geometry view, but with a real time rendering functionality.
Would be super useful to be able to view a part close-up, further away and in different angles at the same time when editing materials and lighting.

Cheers,

Eric Summers

+1 on that! I've had several instances where two windows would be useful.

designgestalt

hello Esben,
as for your wish #5:
a "fake" way of doing it in KS is to add a "Bump add" node even though you are just using one texture,which gives you the "Weight" slider. that is cheap and not the same result as a real blur, but in most cases a time safer.

to push things: I would add a direct link from PS to KS so that you can see directly what your changes in PS show in KS, kind of like the direct link between Premiere and After Effects.

BTW. the bump / normal map creator in PS comes in pretty handy, there is a slider right next to your 3D geometrie, where you can add a blur and see the effect in 3D.

cheers
designgestalt

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: designgestalt on December 18, 2018, 07:54:39 AM
hello Esben,
as for your wish #5:
a "fake" way of doing it in KS is to add a "Bump add" node even though you are just using one texture,which gives you the "Weight" slider. that is cheap and not the same result as a real blur, but in most cases a time safer.

Hi Dirk.
Not sure I follow here. I thought the weight was simply a multiplier of the bump height set in the texture?

designgestalt

Hi Esben,
you might be right...
I would never doubt the word of the godfather  ;D
I was under the impression, that you adjust the bumpheight in the bumpmap window and with the weight slider you adjust how prominent that setting is.
it might be, that it does the same as the height adjust and I may be fooled by the fact, that with the slider you can do it on the fly and see the result simultaneously, but I had the impression it does something different to the geometrie.
you can also add a procedural noise ind the bump add and "blend" it over the bump map, although I think this is a trick, you showed in that tutorial with the macbook, which is, I have to admit, one (of the three  8)) tutorials I have never seen ... :)
cheers
dirk

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: designgestalt on December 19, 2018, 02:18:34 AM
I would never doubt the word of the godfather  ;D
I was under the impression, that you adjust the bumpheight in the bumpmap window and with the weight slider you adjust how prominent that setting is.
it might be, that it does the same as the height adjust and I may be fooled by the fact, that with the slider you can do it on the fly and see the result simultaneously, but I had the impression it does something different to the geometrie.
you can also add a procedural noise ind the bump add and "blend" it over the bump map, although I think this is a trick, you showed in that tutorial with the macbook, which is, I have to admit, one (of the three  8)) tutorials I have never seen ... :)
Ha, there's a lot of stuff I don't know about.

Well, just had a quick look in the updated manual* (really good job on this Luxion guys!) and it states that "The two Weight parameters work like a multiplier for the bump textures' respective Bump Heights. The default values of 1 define that the "strength" of the final bump result reflects those Bump Height values. When the Weight for a bump input is 0, the effect of that bump is nullified. Values higher than 1 amplify the bump effect in the final result."

Have never thought of using the procedural noise to "smudge" out another texture, but might work to some degree - would prefer a true gaussian blur node though :)

* https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K8M/pages/576454873/Bump+Add

PerFotoVDB

+1 on all and especially number 7. Lighting with spotlights is really not user-friendly.

Also, wish to add:
- one of my earlier requests: the ability to use different settings per ibl on an object level. Super useful for getting those reflections just right.
- image styles to include render settings
- image styles per camera

Cheers
Per

Esben Oxholm

Wish #8

I think this has been mentioned before in another thread, but the ability to save lighting preset settings for individual studios would be super nice.
I'm currently working on a project where I render out some of the studios using product mode, some of them using interior mode and some of them with caustics enabled. Would love to just set and forget these settings, instead of having to remember to adjust this when I change between the studios.

Cheers,

DMerz III

Yes, definitely a +1 on #8. It has been mentioned elsewhere, but whatever, more emphasis!

PerFotoVDB

add to my wishlist.

1. File referencing system for external files.
2. Instancing of duplicates.

PerFotoVDB

+1: ability to directly import substance designer and alchemist files.
+1: same for quixel mixer