KeyShot needs access to my Contacts and Calendars. Why?

Started by monson67, November 29, 2018, 07:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

I just upgraded to Mac OS Mojave, and as Apple has made significant security improvements in the latest release, I've since been getting requests from various software for access to certain information. Usually, it's pretty easy to figure out why.

While I'm curious about what functions KeyShot cannot perform without granted Accessibility permission, it seems reasonable enough to me. But I'm having a hard time imagining why you want access to my calendars and contacts. I'm sure it's benign, but it's my personal information, so I'd like to know why KeyShot/Luxion wants access to it.

DMerz III

I don't use KS on a mac, but since no one else has answered you, I am going to take a very wild guess and say it might have something to do with Network Rendering being able to email you when a render is done. I have never used that feature, but this is just an out there answer I could think of.

PhilipTh

Quote from: monson67 on November 29, 2018, 07:42:15 AM
I just upgraded to Mac OS Mojave, and as Apple has made significant security improvements in the latest release, I've since been getting requests from various software for access to certain information. Usually, it's pretty easy to figure out why.

While I'm curious about what functions KeyShot cannot perform without granted Accessibility permission, it seems reasonable enough to me. But I'm having a hard time imagining why you want access to my calendars and contacts. I'm sure it's benign, but it's my personal information, so I'd like to know why KeyShot/Luxion wants access to it.

Helllo Monson67,

We do not use your information.

We are interested in trying to find out how KeyShot ended up on your list over apps that needs that permission, as we checked on our own macs, and none of them has this.

Please try disabling the permission, and check if KeyShot gives any kinds of errors, or if MacOS says anything.

Let us know what you find.

Lenio

I just bought a brand new iMac Pro, installed my license of Keyshot 8 and fired it up only to get that same alert about Keyshot needing access to Accessibility in my Security and Privacy Settings. Any reason for this discovered yet?