Keyshot Run Out of Memory

Started by siobhanr, December 05, 2018, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siobhanr

Hi,
Keyshot keeps continually freezing, my Mac tells me it is running out of RAM due to Keyshot's RAM consumption.  I have 32GB RAM in a 2013 Mac Pro.

I am running keyshot Zbrush bridge.  The files are roughly  1 gb ksp file and my output is 5000px wide by 3848px high.

In the past l have done the same with no issues and have been using Keyshot since version 6.

Do you think 32GB of RAM should be sufficient for rendering files of this size?  If not, how much RAM should be required? Also, is my eight core 2013 Mac Pro enough? If you think this is sufficient, then why could I be seeing such significant memory usage / leakage?

KeyShot

It should not be a problem to render images at this resolution, but it may be advantageous to render to exr or psd. They both support streaming to disk without having the entire image in memory.

siobhanr

I know, it hasn't seemed a problem in the past . I have just had 2 technicans over, talking about installing 128 gb  memory upgrade. My Mac guy went right through to see if it was running smoothly. it is. I will attach a screenshot of activity monitor which shows it maxing out. I haven't worked with scattering medium before but can't imagine ld get these freezes

siobhanr

and yes l save in psd. I'm needing to render quite complex "  moody images" 7' x 4' x 150 dpi for an art project with 6o flip animation so lm thinking boost render farm as well.