Main Menu

Delete unseen by camera

Started by mattjgerard, December 04, 2018, 01:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

This one might be a bit more esoteric, but here is the wish-

To be able to select/hide/flag/delete any object that is not in view of the camera.

Often times I am creating or downloading huge scenes where my field of view is very product focused, and therefore I don't see a lot of stuff that is still in the scene. Would be great to be able to invoke a command that would either select/delete/hide/flag somehow all the objects that are outside the field of view. They can then either be hidden or deleted.

I really like to keep my scenes trimmed down and clean for a couple reasons, ) incase someone else needs to open it and work, 2) our archive server has issues with large files over 1gb (I know, shouldn't be a problem, but it is)  3) I export to cinema sometimes to do sims or particle fills and would be cleaner to export all that via fbx.

Will Gibbons

I'd be afraid it might delete me. What then?

Sorry. I had to. It's an interesting request.

INNEO_MWo

If a part isn't directly inside the camera view, but reflecting on a noticeable part, should it be unseen by the camera?
So you want a feature like this workaround:
- window select (shift LMT, right to left across the entire viewport)
- invert selection
- delete

What's keeping is a bunch of empty groups. And you'll loose the light parts that may effect the parts seen by the camera.

I prefer the work with model sets (created with selected parts). That is very flexible. If necessary I can save a new scene out of a model set. Delete all geometry and model sets and re-import the saved scene, to keep settings and cameras, studios, etc.

But this request is interesting indeed!

Cheers
Marco