Finer control when rotating objects

Started by monson67, December 17, 2018, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

As it is, when translating/rotating/scaling parts in KeyShot, users can enter specific units of translation, rotation or scale under the Position tab of the Scene window. While this covers what I need to do 95% of the time, sometimes I need that same amount of precision while rotating a part around a "Pivot" part. I love that KeyShot allows me to select another part to act as a pivot, but users are limited to clicking and dragging the handles of the move tool. If I want to rotate a part exactly 4.5 degrees around a pivot part, I can get close to 4.5, but there's no way to achieve that exact amount. Is it possible to add a feature that allows users to enter specific amounts to translate/rotate/scale objects from the selected pivot parts?

Since I'm on this topic, holding shift while rotating a part (with or without a pivot selected) allows users to constrain the rotation to 15° increments. It would also be really nice to allow users to change the constraint amount in KeyShot's preferences; either a series of options (5°, 10°, 15°, 45°, etc) or, even better, an entry field in which users could type in the constraint amount. This could be a workaround the above-stated issue.