Crash scene when open the file

Started by fix27, December 10, 2018, 04:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fix27

Hi Guys.

I have a problem with one keyshot 7 file. I created this scene 2 times and i can`t open any more. It`s the first time is happens .
Is any can help me please? :'(
the main material is rubber with 3 different label.

i attached the file

TGS808

I tried but upon opening your file, it instantly shuts KeyShot down. The file may have become corrupted somehow. I had this happen last week. I had just finished working on a model, was ready to render and anytime I opened the model or imported it, it shut KeyShot down. I had no choice but to do it over.

germannick

KS 8.1 will open it for you. Just take your time because the program will tell you (NOT RESPONDING), but wait a few minutes and it will go back to normal.
Unfortunately I could not save your file as a KS 7 for you. Other wise I would have.

Francisco

Hello fix27,

Quote from: fix27 on December 10, 2018, 04:28:29 AM
Hi Guys.

I have a problem with one keyshot 7 file. I created this scene 2 times and i can`t open any more. It`s the first time is happens .
Is any can help me please? :'(
the main material is rubber with 3 different label.

i attached the file

Thank you for posting your issue on the forums.

I have downloaded the attachment your attachment and was not able to open it with KeyShot 7, then I went and tried to open it in KeyShot 8 and was successful. However, when the file load in KeyShot 8, I was given some errors about missing textures used by a rubber material. Was given shaders missing for label materials. I was able to see that some textures being used look like they are saved on a network drive when loading. This could cause an issue when the texture is no longer available or not able to load when opening the file and that can cause the crashing.

If you are able to create the file once again would you be able to save the file as a KSP instead of the default bip file and let me know if it gives you the same issue? If you still get the same crashes after saving the KSP file can you try to copy the textures from your network drive into your KeyShot application then apply it to the model. If you still get the error after trying both of these options can you send an email to Luxion support along with a KSP letting them know what is happening? 

fix27

Thank you so much guys for your help.

At the moment i don`t have the new version of keyshot  but i' can probably download the demo and try to open my file.

Thank you Francisco for your suggestion
unfortunately I wasn't able to open the BIP file and export a kSP but I will follow your suggestion to have all the texture on the local machine ( no network)
I let you know if i solve the issue

Thank you

Fede