Strange wave lines appearing while rendering cloth

Started by designo01, January 28, 2019, 09:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

designo01

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to render a t-shirt which is having weave texture used as a bump map to create the real fabric look of a real t-shirt, but i am getting strange waves lines every time when i do the rendering.

Please download the attachment and you will find those lines everywhere on t-shirt fabric when you will zoom in.

I am also attaching another image for a reference what i am trying to achieve.
Please help me as i am stuck here.

Thank You !

Esben Oxholm

Hi designo01.

Looks like a anti-aliasing issue to me.
Have you tried rendering using the advanced rendering mode with a value of 2-3 in the 'anti aliasing' setting?

If that doesn't help, a common workaround is to output the rendering in a higher resolution than needed (for example twice the size) and then downscale it in Photoshop afterwards.

Hope some of it helps.
Cheers,

designo01

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 29, 2019, 01:19:24 AM
Hi designo01.

Looks like a anti-aliasing issue to me.
Have you tried rendering using the advanced rendering mode with a value of 2-3 in the 'anti aliasing' setting?

If that doesn't help, a common workaround is to output the rendering in a higher resolution than needed (for example twice the size) and then downscale it in Photoshop afterwards.

Hope some of it helps.
Cheers,

Yes, my anti aliasing is 4 currently, also doing the rendering in 5333x3000 resolution.
Yes i know if i'll render it on a more higher resolution like (8000x8000) the issue will be resolved, but to do the rendering on that resolution will take huge time and i want to do large number of renders.

Do you have any other solution ?

Also do you have any tip to make my texture similar as the reference ?