Keyshot 8.2 test renders

Started by LM6, December 20, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

Ive uploaded some of my 8.2  test renders to Vimeo, here are the links and info, would be good to get some feedback on this stuff.

All clips (1280x720) have been rendered using fairly low samples,  you can download them from Vimeo if you want.

No texture files or procedurals were used to make these clips, everything was created using vertex data.

Keyshot Burn
Animated smoke and fire, not perfect but with a bit more work and animated VDB  ;)
https://vimeo.com/307427553/29bf85f59e

Keyshot Water
https://vimeo.com/307463062/b7fdd78225
We have all seen deforming meshes in Keyshot, now we can have deforming color, Its the same .abc file as 'Keyshot Burn' but using the data differently.

Net Breaker
https://vimeo.com/307460240/30694efda4
In the next version of KS animated splines are supported.

Flock
https://vimeo.com/307464718/1fec78b265
Another example of animated splines.

Dessert
https://vimeo.com/307478883/7057ece1e8
Mixing various materials.

Transmitter
https://vimeo.com/307430826/4b50da4917
Re post, again vertex colors used to create this sci-fi clip.

These clips are only accessible if you have the link, they do not show up on my Vimeo channel.

designgestalt

this goes way beyond my set of skills.
I still have an understanding problem what vertex colors really are, to begin with  ;D
now, that you can even deform colors, I am totally lost...
nonetheless, I was already totally stoked with that transmitter animation, that you recently posted, which I think is absolutely great.
this set of videos to my is really mindblowing.
I especially like the "Flock" video.
May I ask where you created the animations?
really well done!
cheers
designgestalt

m0dm0d

These animations look awesome... Does 8.2 work with VDB sequences now (like alembic)? I've emailed the beta team, would love to get testing?

Keep up the great work!

Cheers
Mark
--
@m0dm0d

LM6

Quote from: designgestalt on December 21, 2018, 08:34:24 AM
this goes way beyond my set of skills.
I still have an understanding problem what vertex colors really are, to begin with  ;D
now, that you can even deform colors, I am totally lost...
nonetheless, I was already totally stoked with that transmitter animation, that you recently posted, which I think is absolutely great.
this set of videos to my is really mindblowing.
I especially like the "Flock" video.
May I ask where you created the animations?
really well done!
cheers
designgestalt

Thank you :)

I created the animations inside of Cinema 4D using a plugin called XParticles, then baked out an alembic (deforming) cache file.

Cheers
Peter

LM6

Quote from: m0dm0d on December 21, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
These animations look awesome... Does 8.2 work with VDB sequences now (like alembic)? I've emailed the beta team, would love to get testing?

Keep up the great work!

Cheers
Mark
--
@m0dm0d

Thank you...no Keyshot doesn't currently support VDB sequences but I worked out another way to make animated smoke and fire using vertex data to mask out parts of an emissive layer (label) over a scattering medium, its seems to work ok.

Cheers
Peter

mousek

LM6 - you do awesome stuffs ! . I watch on your works on instragram.

My question is ... could you create mini tutorial how did you create Transmitter. How formats keyshot needs  on animations .

Very thank you. Go go man !

peter

chrisb

LM6 - wow amazing!!!

Would it be possible that you provide a tuto on how you do the (Keyshot Water https://vimeo.com/307463062/b7fdd78225) using cinema 4d and keyshot?

that would be awesome ;)
Chris

LM6

Quote from: mousek on January 24, 2019, 05:45:01 AM

My question is ... could you create mini tutorial how did you create Transmitter. How formats keyshot needs  on animations .

peter

Thank you

I'am not sure Luxion would be very happy if I started posting full C4D/XParticles tutorials on this Keyshot forum but here is a quick breakdown.

1. I started with a bust which was smoothed out to look more like a helmet, it was re meshed to have medium density evenly spaced  quad polygons.
2. I set the particles to emit from the centre of the polygons using shot mode, one particle per polygon with no speed so they after the are born they don't move.
3. I added a scale modifier set to particle radius which was being driven by a color modifier set to  noise (animated) so the bright parts of the noise scale the particles down.
4. I cached the particles.
5. I added a VDB mesher and and added the particles to be meshed using  a low voxel size and baked out an Alembic cache transferring the particle color (coming from the noise) to the .abc file

6. I imported the Alembic cache into Keyshot 8.2, added a vertex node (can also use object info node) then used the vertex  data to drive the color (via color adjust node) and opacity of an Emissive material that was sitting on top of a Diffuse material.

I hope that makes sense..

Cheers

LM6

Quote from: chrisb on January 25, 2019, 03:50:41 AM
LM6 - wow amazing!!!

Would it be possible that you provide a tuto on how you do the (Keyshot Water) using cinema 4d and keyshot?

that would be awesome ;)
Chris

Thanks Chris

Here is a quick breakdown, I hope it makes sense.

1. I created some text using the spline features in C4D
2.  Animated a torus object to move across the scene underneath the text.
3. Setup an XParticles system, added an emitter and set it to emit from the torus using polygon area mode with emission at rate and birthrate at 100000.
4. Added an XPExplosiaFX object, and a source tag to the torus and turned on Particle Advection so it will effect the particles.
5. Added a XPFlowField so the particles will also follow the shape of the spline text.
6. Set the particle display to gradient and set the parameter mode to speed.
7. Cached the particles and dropped them into a VDB mesher object.
8. Baked an Alembic cache transferring the particle color to the .abc file.

7. Imported the Alembic cache into Keyshot 8.2, added a vertex node (can also use object info node) then used the vertex  color data to drive the color of the water material, also imported the spline text and used the Curve Color Randomize node to add variation to the text

Cheers

mousek

Quote from: LM6 on February 09, 2019, 04:23:31 AM
Quote from: mousek on January 24, 2019, 05:45:01 AM

peter

Thank you

I'am not sure Luxion would be very happy if I started posting full C4D/XParticles tutorials on this Keyshot forum but here is a quick breakdown.

1. I started with a bust which was smoothed out to look more like a helmet, it was re meshed to have medium density evenly spaced  quad polygons.
2. I set the particles to emit from the centre of the polygons using shot mode, one particle per polygon with no speed so they after the are born they don't move.
3. I added a scale modifier set to particle radius which was being driven by a color modifier set to  noise (animated) so the bright parts of the noise scale the particles down.
4. I cached the particles.
5. I added a VDB mesher and and added the particles to be meshed using  a low voxel size and baked out an Alembic cache transferring the particle color (coming from the noise) to the .abc file

6. I imported the Alembic cache into Keyshot 8.2, added a vertex node (can also use object info node) then used the vertex  data to drive the color (via color adjust node) and opacity of an Emissive material that was sitting on top of a Diffuse material.

I hope that makes sense..

Cheers
I tried it yesterday and its working perfectly by your tutorial. You move my skill on next field. Very thank you. All the best!

DMerz III

Having some trouble with the links not working? Anyone else?