"Cannot save multi material "[MATERIAL]" within multi material...(ignoring)"

Started by philkang, July 31, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philkang

Windows 10 Pro 1803
KeyShot 7.3 Pro
No Plugin
3ds Max 2019

I can't save my bip file. The original bip file originated from the same computer but I had to reformat the system. When I reinstalled KeyShot, the files were fine, would save but would produce warnings due to missing materials and labels.

The warnings originally stemmed from a directory issue. When I re-installed windows I had a slightly different username. To remedy this solution I dug around for a way to redirect labels & materials and things like that.

Originally tried to correct the user directory to the original but could not because of various services already in the computer. Ended up re-downloading all materials and importing all labels.

Everything seemed fine for a few weeks but out of the blue I keep getting a multitude of the same error in red for various versions of the same multi material:

"(XX:XX:XX) Cannot save multi material "[MATERIAL]" within multi material "[MATERIAL]" (ignoring)"

My question is, I went ahead and removed all instances of this multi material on the file. That didn't seem to work so I went ahead and toggled off all multi materials as well. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

RTLabs

Mac O.S. 10.10
Keyshot Pro 7.3.40
No plugins
Bip files (worked fine last week)

I have similar problem today.
I open a bip file without any problem (all the materials are correctly loaded). But when I save it, I receive an error message for all the multi-materials: "(XX:XX:XX) Cannot save multi material "[MATERIAL]" within multi material "[MATERIAL]" (ignoring)".
And if I re-open the saved version with errors, the materials are missing...

Rex

This issue has been fixed in KeyShot 8. You will have to recreate the Multi-Material.

Sorry for the trouble.

Caspian

Hi Rex,

I'm getting the same error on a file created in KeyShot 8.1. Same error on Mac and Windows.

Any workaround for this?

Thanks,

LeeD

Quote from: Rex on November 07, 2018, 09:47:58 AM
This issue has been fixed in KeyShot 8. You will have to recreate the Multi-Material.

Sorry for the trouble.

PhilipTh

Hello Caspian,

The workaround would be to actually disable the multi-materials on the material causing the issue.

If you have done this, and it still is causing issues, feel free to send your scene over to us at support@luxion.com