REQ: kick inactive slaves

Started by RRIS, December 28, 2018, 04:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

We're in a situation now at the office where we have one 40 core system always available to render, with the remainder of the cores filled by whoever logged in first that day. It would be great if NR could remove systems and free up available cores to systems that are available to render according to the schedules set in the slave schedule manager.
I'm sitting here now with two systems logged in and not doing anything (and colleagues are working on them, they can't just shut-down and wait for others to login before powering on again), meanwhile I'm available to render, but I can't get my system in because there's no more available cores...

INNEO_MWo

And would it be helpful if the colleagues pause the network render slave (gear icon in the system tray)?

RRIS

Quote from: MWo on December 29, 2018, 12:57:26 AM
And would it be helpful if the colleagues pause the network render slave (gear icon in the system tray)?

Perhaps, but since they usually don't use Keyshot themselves, it's not something on their radar and it needs me reminding them to pause their system (and likely me having to do it for them). It's a minor thing, but becomes a nuisance soon enough for all involved.