Viking Longship (Part 2 - Phone wallpaper)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, January 07, 2019, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi guys,

I'm finally closing in to sending an image to a render farm that I've been going back and forth with the last year. The plan is to get a 300dpi 0,9x1,2m rendered out and print it on a canvas, or maybe an alu plate. Anyway, a buddy of mine asked for a version for his iPhone background, so I just thought I'd share it with you guys too.

A little background. The model is a front view of the Gokstad Viking Longship. It was was built around 890AD and was a a war and transport ship back then. It is now  currently on display in a museum in Oslo.  So I modeled up the ship in NX and started playing around with the front view (a shape I personally love), trying different colors on both the ship and the background (see all versions here). I never really found exactly the look i wanted, but when I found Mitch Myers' VDB textures a couple of weeks ago, I settled on a look I'm very happy with, having the ship emerging from the fog.

Hope you like it! Cheers,

KeyShot

Eric Summers

Very cool Magnus! I agree, it looks great coming out of the fog. I bet it would look great as a metal print!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks guys!

Eric: I'm thinking the same. Ultimately I'm gonna leave the decision up to the recipient, but considering recommending alu : )