Importing/opening BIP forces KS full screen

Started by theAVator, January 04, 2019, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

Not sure is this is a bug/issue/or just wishful thinking.

I'll preface this by again saying I am working on KS ver 7.3 until IT gets off their @$$ and upgrades me to my KS8 license. SO I don't know if this affects KS8 or if it's been changed in the switch.

When opening a file, or importing a file, KS is forced into full screen, even if you have it smaller (not minimized to task bar, but just smaller than full screen). Super annoying since when you select a file and click open, the KS window goes unresponsive or is blocked because there is the importing window open on top of it that takes precedence. Now it's full screen, can't be moved/minimized/shrunk and I can't get to the shortcuts I have on the desktop except to mess around in Window Explorer to get to the desktop items that way. Not really broke, but super annoying.

TGS808

I've never had this happen in version 7 or 8. But I'm on a Mac so that could be the difference.

theAVator

That could be. I'm on Windows 10.
Macs have generally always used the floating scheme for programs and open windows(finders or whatever its called now), so there may not be a way for the system to do what mine is showing.