KeyShot 8 Animation value adjustments

Started by Dan Wolf, January 07, 2019, 05:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Wolf

Windows 7
KeyShot 8.1.61

Prior to KeyShot 8, the scene automatically updates when I adjust an animation value.  In KeyShot 8, nothing changes in the scene until I move the current position in the animation timeline.  For example, I'm rotating a boom on a crane, then adjusting the lift cylinder (rotation and translation) to match the new boom position.

Prior to KeyShot 8, I could manipulate the translation or rotation values (and the scene would automatically update) until the parts were lined up.  Now, after every value change, I have to click on the animation timeline a couple times to update the scene.  It's not a big deal, but a bit tedious.

Is this an intentional change in KeyShot 8, or a bug?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Dan Wolf on January 07, 2019, 05:22:44 AM
Windows 7
KeyShot 8.1.61

Prior to KeyShot 8, the scene automatically updates when I adjust an animation value.  In KeyShot 8, nothing changes in the scene until I move the current position in the animation timeline.  For example, I'm rotating a boom on a crane, then adjusting the lift cylinder (rotation and translation) to match the new boom position.

Prior to KeyShot 8, I could manipulate the translation or rotation values (and the scene would automatically update) until the parts were lined up.  Now, after every value change, I have to click on the animation timeline a couple times to update the scene.  It's not a big deal, but a bit tedious.

Is this an intentional change in KeyShot 8, or a bug?

Hi Dan.
I've experienced this myself and have mentioned it to the development team too.
It is really tedious. Hope it will be fixed :)

chrisb

Hi Dan,  Sure is quite tedius. I reported the same bug (https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=23044.0), hoping they fix this soon.
Chris

Ian Reymond

Hello Dan,

Thank you for reporting this bug.
This is a known issue that has been fixed for KeyShot 8.2 which will be released soon.

bg1440

Its a Bug, not a feature *lol,  but if you activate the motion blur button in the both of the animation menu (i dont know why?) it works fine :O)