verification image issues

Started by WoodCarver, January 09, 2019, 05:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodCarver

Does anyone else have problems with the verification image? It never goes through for me , or so it seems like it......
I have attached the image of what i see and i have writen in the block what I hear.

theAVator

I always have issue with those "not a robot" captcha things (just in general, not necessarily here). Some are just completely illegible.

Just looking at the picture it looks like you included and extra "v" in your typing? Or is that what you're saying is the difference between the pic and what you hear??
I also think many of them are case sensitive, so the "ea" should maybe be "EA"?

rgephart

We are also having an issue with this and it doesn't seem to matter what browser we are using.

No matter what we cannot read or hear the captcha.  We have a new employee trying to learn KeyShot and it would help greatly if he could register for the forums to find the help he needs.

KeyShot

We experienced excessive spam over the holidays. Can you send us the information about the persons you are trying to register to info@luxion.com. We can help you out if the recaptcha is causing issues.

rgephart

sent an email with the employee info to info@luxion.com and are waiting to hear back still

KeyShot

We did manually activate a user on the forum for an email on info@luxion.com. If this was not your user please send me a pm with the info and I will activate the account for you.

Tharic-Nar

Have to bring this up myself as a new member, as me and a colleague spent several attempts each on this atrocious captcha system. The text in the image is barely legible on the characters we can see, but there are frequently invisible characters. It also took several attempts just to get the audio to play to find out said characters were missing. I just so happen to have more patience than my colleague and managed to get an account setup (after the verification email went to spam, which took a while to find).

Please consider another system if possible, like ReCaptcha, if your forum supports it, because this current system is just broken and doesn't leave a good first impression, especially since I have to battle another broken captcha just to post this (2 visible letters, 3 invisible, then no visible, then gave up, tried another).

KeyShot

We will look into other options. It is a tricky challenge though as we also get a fair deal of spam :/