Coloured reflections with global illumination

Started by alb.abra, January 10, 2019, 02:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alb.abra

Hi, I've encountered some issues with materials coloring the light that is reflected by it. I understand thet this is how it works IRL, but for this matter I am making an animation, where some glass items with liquid and objects inside appear from time to time. If I don't want the objects inside to "black out" I need to turn on global illumination, but that produces a "color bleed" in my shadows that I don't want.

Is there any fix on this matter?

I can not share the file due to confidentiality I'm afraid.

KeyShot

You could possibly render out an ambient occlusion pass. This will capture soft shadows and can be used to fake global illumination without the color bleeding.

Another option would be to make the scene all white. Render out an indirect lighting pass that you add to the original image.

alb.abra

It is an animation consisting of about 2000 frames, so any post-processing is pretty much out of the question. The Ambient occlusion pass doesnt seem to do any difference to the render, But I'm not sure im with the correct settings.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

KeyShot

The ambient occlusion pass does not change the renderer, but it output an extra image that you can use to add lighting back to your image that does not include color bleeding.

Another option could be to use an area light source to add extra lighting to the scene (fake gi). You can make it invisible to the camera.

alb.abra

Quote from: KeyShot on January 11, 2019, 05:33:31 PM
The ambient occlusion pass does not change the renderer, but it output an extra image that you can use to add lighting back to your image that does not include color bleeding.

Another option could be to use an area light source to add extra lighting to the scene (fake gi). You can make it invisible to the camera.

How do I "add lighting back" to my image, for all 2000 images?