Keyshot 8.1 issue with backgroud render/queue

Started by Caffo86, January 07, 2019, 01:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caffo86

Hello guys,

we've some problem with background render, cleary explaned in the pics below (for NDA reason i can't show you full images):

SCREEN 1: If i launch an image directly from the "render" button, the result is exactly what we expect (same as realtime view);

SCREEN 2: If i add the same image on the queue and than process the render in background, the result is completelly different! Different lights, material appearence, no texture.

What could it be? This is really frustrating especially because i'm not able to use the queue and then I launch render one by one.  :-\

• PLATFORM: Win10 64bit
  • SYSTEM: i7 8700k, 16gb ram, QUADRO P2000 (latest driver)
  • KS VERS: 8.1.61
  • CAD SW: Solidwork 2018 sp 4.0, model exported in .XT

Thak you so much!

Giuseppe C.

DEJ_Design

You're not the only one. I have this exact same issue in the current version of KS8 on MacOS. I reached out to Keyshot support and was told they couldn't reproduce the issue and they recommended a complete re-install, but that failed to resolve the issue. For now, I can't use the "queue" or "submit job" system at all, which means if you have 50 renders to do, you'll have to submit each one manually, one at a time... >:(

If anyone from Keyshot support is listening (reading), can you please fix this in the next update?

KeyShot

Can you share a file that shows the issue?
It looks like it could be related to not being able to find the textures and environment.
If you save a ksp file, load it again, and then render through the queue do you still see issues? In this case all the textures
should be resolved with the ksp file.

DEJ_Design

I have a .ksp that shows the issue (and its repeatable on my system) and some pngs of the resulting difference in render output. If you can provide a WeTransfer link, I'll send them right over...

When I save the package, reopen it, then try to render through the queue the issue is definitely still there. Not sure why the realview looks perfect, but neither the queue or submit job option is rendering exactly what I see in RealView.

PhilipTh

Thank you Caffo86 and DEJ_Design for taking the time to report this issue to us.

DEJ_Design provided us with a scene to test with, and the issue is not reproducible in the coming version of KeyShot 8.