12x12mm tactile switch practice

Started by Esben Oxholm, February 01, 2019, 04:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi guys.
Had fun modeling and rendering this little fellow as a practice for this weeks renderweekly challenge on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/renderweekly/

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Finema

Hossein Alfideh

Will Gibbons

The tone-mapping on these is juuuuuust right! Lovely!

KeyShot

Eric Summers

Wow, those are great! The texture on the plastic is superb!

Esben Oxholm

Thank you for the nice words, guys. Appreciate it!

mattjgerard

The breadboard image brings back memories. Hours and hours of tinkering and loads of burnt caps and resistors smoking. The illuminated one is interesting, its a very deep color, not too bright either. I deal with those sort of things on a daily basis, and I like the way this one looks. I'd be interested to know what the raw image from KS looks like, I've found that the colors tend to get quite washed out unless the transmission color matches the emissive color.  We have a lot of neutral grey Cp's that get colored led's shining through and sometimes I have to cheat and color the plastic to get it to look right.

Looks fantastic :)

Josh3D

Wow, this looks good. Well done, Esben.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: mattjgerard on February 04, 2019, 06:42:17 AM
The breadboard image brings back memories. Hours and hours of tinkering and loads of burnt caps and resistors smoking. The illuminated one is interesting, its a very deep color, not too bright either. I deal with those sort of things on a daily basis, and I like the way this one looks. I'd be interested to know what the raw image from KS looks like, I've found that the colors tend to get quite washed out unless the transmission color matches the emissive color.  We have a lot of neutral grey Cp's that get colored led's shining through and sometimes I have to cheat and color the plastic to get it to look right.

Looks fantastic :)
Thanks, Matt. Raw image attached. Originally rendered as 16-bit PSD with some image style applied.
I've attached the graph for the translucent material as well. Inside the dome, at the bottom, is a small cube with an orange area light material applied.

Quote from: Josh3D on February 05, 2019, 08:15:03 AM
Wow, this looks good. Well done, Esben.
Thanks, Josh. Appreciate it!