Please change the way you name

Started by andy.engelkemier, January 15, 2019, 05:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

You've named your render file "ScreenPanFront" so it renders out ScreenPanFront.001.png for the first file. Perfect. That works.
But you need Just the screen to render out. First, I'd like to be able to render JUST that render layer, but that's a different request.

The second file is dumped in the Same folder, and will be named ScreenPanFront.001_render layer 1.png (if you didn't name your render layer)
This means Premiere and After Effects can't read the image sequence!!!
And you can't for alphabetical order either, because AE thinks it's the same sequence!

So please put them in different folders, that includes passes. And please put the render layer name Before the number.

As a workaround, you can use Bulk Rename Utility by TGRMN software to fix this. It's a little intimidating to look at, but once you break it down to what you need, is AMAZING. But my point is I don't want to have to use a file naming tool just to be able to use an image sequence out of Keyshot.

Even after splitting the files into folders, Premiere still needed me to rename the file so that the number was at the end. You can't "force alphabetical" in premiere. It requires numbers at the end.

Please take those two softwares, in particular, into consideration choosing how to name files.

KeyShot

Thanks Andy. We will look into this. That makes sense.