Scene sets gone in Keyshot 8? Please help

Started by iamlukaszajic, January 16, 2019, 02:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamlukaszajic

Hi guys,
I'm pretty new to Keyshot so I might me missing something but I'm getting really crazy about one issue. Please help!

I need to render many different magazine models at once. Closed, open, landscape, portrait etc. (different models) in multiple angles/cameras with multi-materials (glossy/matte paper). Regarding the tutorial videos I think I need scene sets to get what I want but I can't find anything like this in Keyshot 8 Pro. There are only model sets but no scene sets. Am I missing something?

Or could you recommend different way how to set up the scene so I can render everything at once?

I have 5 different models, each in different model set
I have 6 different cameras, each in studio with environment
I have 1 multi-material with 2 versions - glossy and matte paper

What I need are combinations of all above, should be 70 renders in total - each model captured by each camera in both glossy and matte material version.

Thanks a lot, I spent like 8 hours watching videos and all I get is that scene sets are perfect for this but can't find it in my Keyshot.

Eric Summers

Scene sets were replaced by Studios in KeyShot 7. Studios will do exactly what you are looking for and are more flexible than scene sets were. Here is the video on Studios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVLoZ4yW6s Hope that helps!

mattjgerard

Yes, you are correct. This situation is exactly what studios were built for. You should have them, probably just hidden somewhere. Just go to WINDOW->STUDIO or hit U key on the keyboard, that should bring up the studio pane. Here is the link to the manual article

https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K8M/pages/314835114/Studios

From there since you already have most of the work done, you just create a studio for each image you want to render out, and assign the camera, environment, image style, model set and multimaterial in the studio pane. Then in the render window you can add all of them to the render queue all in one go. Just be sure to have all the render settings/render locations set before you add them to the render queue.

There may be a way to get all your images rendered with fewer steps using the configurator, but I'm not very familiar with it so I'm not sure how to set that up, but that might be an option as well.

Eric Summers

Something that Matt's reply reminded me of: make sure if you queue up all of your renders at once that you have sufficient space on the target drive. If there isn't enough space to save all of the renders, KeyShot will stop processing your queue and kick the remaining jobs.

DMerz III

mattjgerard

Quote from: Eric Summers on January 16, 2019, 07:13:30 AM
Something that Matt's reply reminded me of: make sure if you queue up all of your renders at once that you have sufficient space on the target drive. If there isn't enough space to save all of the renders, KeyShot will stop processing your queue and kick the remaining jobs.

Sounds like you learned that the hard way didn't you?  ???

Eric Summers

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 16, 2019, 08:39:20 AM

Sounds like you learned that the hard way didn't you?  ???

Not exactly. I contacted support about my render queue issue a while ago and Niko told me that was one of the things to watch for. It didn't help me, but I figured I'd pass along the info I learned. Maybe it'll save someone else some frustration.

Penteon

So wait, can you add multiple multimaterials for one studio?  Or will one studio only hold one color in a multi-material at a time?

mattjgerard

Quote from: Penteon on January 20, 2021, 08:34:15 PM

So wait, can you add multiple multimaterials for one studio?  Or will one studio only hold one color in a multi-material at a time?

Multiple, you can select options in the drop down of which material you want in each MM

Penteon

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 21, 2021, 07:43:59 AM
Quote from: Penteon on January 20, 2021, 08:34:15 PM

Multiple, you can select options in the drop down of which material you want in each MM

Thanks for answering.  I worded my question poorly.  A studio has a drop down allowing you to select a multimaterial.  A multi material may have like 8 materials in it.  Is there a way to tell the render queue, "hey, give me a render for all 8 materials in the multimaterial associated with the studio?"  or do i have to click each material in the dropdown and add it to the render queue manually?

INNEO_MWo

Hello Peteon.

What you're searching is available with the configurator. You can bring all the model sets and studios, as well the multi materials together. And then let it render all variations in one shot.

Just check Luxion's YouTube channel or take a look into the manual

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

Penteon

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on January 21, 2021, 09:30:39 PM
Hello Peteon.

What you're searching is available with the configurator. You can bring all the model sets and studios, as well the multi materials together. And then let it render all variations in one shot.

Just check Luxion's YouTube channel or take a look into the manual

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

You're amazing!!! Thank you!  I had no idea this feature even existed!!!