Keyshot 3

Started by quigley, August 30, 2011, 07:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

guest84672

Patience, my friend ... ;-)

quigley

Easy for you to say mate - you get to play with all the goodies then tease us ;D

guest84672

Hehe ... it is looking promising. The whole team has been working incredibly hard. We will have a beta available soon.

eric

Is there any news on the CAD plug-ins with ability to retain materials link to the scene? I this was promised a while ago but I don't see it anymore.
In this way we would have much more precise control over the positioning of parts and so on. (but off course you need the part translations for animation)

Also I think rendering animations is a very CPU consuming task for which in my opinion you need a solid network rendering system to render overnight. Are there any improvements in this area?

Also the ability to use network stations when rendering a queue (KS-PRO)is something I really miss. Will this be possible?

guest84672

Live linking will become available later this year.

We have network rendering today.

I am not sure what you mean by "network stations".

eric

Live linking : yes! sounds good.

Yes you have network rendering but it is IMO not yet "keyshot worthy"
It should be as easy and flawless as Keyshot itself to install and run.

By adding Networkstations i mean workstations on the network. If I can render a queue in KS Pro and have network rendering as well I expect that the workstations on the network can help rendering the files from the queue one after another.
Now the network renderer can not handle a queue.
If you have animation as well I think rendering time could be a huge disappointment.

By making good use of the available CPU cores (ie workstations) during out of office hours you can work much more efficient.
The flexible network possibilities makes in some cases even Maxwell a faster rendering solution for us.

If you can make a nice graphic network controller where you can select workstations, and add or remove network CPU cores during rendering and have an overview of rendering jobs and a preview of the render it would make the bigger renders a lot more efficient.

noemo

Yes, this is indeed the reason we are not buying Keyshot!

As nice as realtime and the general ease of use is - network rendering setup is very disappointing.
Also there are have been many notes from your side that "it works today" - but no official documents or how to's are available to really test it in the studio.

Since there are no online renderfarms that accept Keyshot files we have to relay on our in-house machines - and we will definitely not buy expensive workstations for every seat just to bore them most of the time ... ;)

a confirmation that network rendering in Keyshot 3 will be easy to use (the Vray-way is good enough) would be much appreciated!