Dom Perignon / Moet & CHandon Champagne

Started by elliasp, September 03, 2011, 09:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliasp

:)

Ed

Francois - I love the crisp lighting of your renders - they really make the product come alive.  I would like to see the background of the top image used with the bottle as illuminated in the second image.

Ed

elliasp

Hi Ed,

thank you for your comment. The illuminated glass material is the result of a mix between background, emissive models and HDRI.

+++
F

feher

Very nice image for sure ! The lables look really nice too. you have roll on them and they don't look flat.
It's a keeper !
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

slyer

Very Nice render... particulary Like The light of The glass bottle.
Thanks for sharing.
I love The final comp.

PhilippeV8

Yes, the last render has a nice "butterfly effect" to it.  The right bottle glass is a bit bright tho to put them together in 1 image ...

NormanHadley

This is dazzling work, Francois. What software was the splash modelled in, may I ask?

PhilippeV8

Just something that got my attention ... you got this in both renders and to me it seems to "unlink" the bottle from the wrapper ... just a minor thing.

The left edit, I continued the highlight on the bottle ... on the right I overpainted the highlight on the wrapper.

elliasp

Hi Guys,

Norman, I'm not good enough in modeling to do splashes by myself, I worked with a professional modeler and he did some splashes on Zbrush for me.
But in these exemples, splashes are not modeled, it's a photoshop work (my splashes are very detailed, so I win time to render with a photoshop background only).

I use splashes modeled only if the splash is in front of the model. (See exemple I did for Garnier below)...

Philippe, I agree with you, but I didn't know what to do :
I use my own studio lighting HDRI's to have these stripes of light combinated with emissive parts. The result is very "advertising" but not "real" enough. (It could be stripes of light added on photoshop)... So, I don't want to do too much retouching because I'm afraid the final result will be too much like a draw. It's why sometimes I keep some imperfections...

Of course, If the client ask, I'll do it, but I take care to do the less retouching I can...

Anyway, I think in this case you're right, but if I begin to work on photoshop on my images, I know me : the result will be fake (I don't know how to stop when I begin  :)  )

+++
F

Imz

Really pretty; any way to add bubbles to the splash?

nice work!

elliasp

Well.. Bubbles in the splashes would mean foam at the end, no ?... I'm not sure foam would be nice here  :D

PhilippeV8

I was in a store where they sell nothing but drinks recently and bumped into one of these bottles ... they are $$$$$$ !!!! :p
I ended up buying a more affordable Pomerie.