Crash when rendering to TIFF

Started by erlandsen, September 05, 2011, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jupille

I have also had system crash problems with high res outputs. I have sent files to support previously and was told variously to "use real time rendering" which does not give the same quality image, and most recently told to "save to EXR"  because is does not fill system memory (16 gigs available). This past weekend the bug has raised its ugly head again and saving EXR did NOT keep the systme memory from filling and hanging the system. I am a long time user of cad software and am accustomed to getting better response from support and by this I mean more than just getting the automated we have recived your iput and your ticket number is xxx and the status is "open"
My system is about to crash as I write, so

jupille

Continued from my previous reply, attached (hopefully) is a crach snapshot fyi.

Zander85

Guys, I am having the same issue. Keyshot 2.3 as well as Keysot 3 both crash as soon as I hit the render button. I am trying to render large 300 DPI 12k by 12k pixel images for the purposes of a billboard ad. I have tried rendering Tiff files as well as EXRs. Both crash. I can render my scene at smaller resolutions just fine, (under 9k by 9k). I have successfully rendered images larger than 12k by 12k but for some reason it wont render the scene I want without crashing.  :'(

I'm gonna keep working at this problem. I will share some answers if I find anything useful.

KeyShot

Are you running the 64bit version of KeyShot? The 32 bit version has some strict limitations on memory usage. Have you had a chance to try KeyShot 3 yet?

minghao0303

I got the same issue " out of memory" after upgraded to keyshot2, even keyshot3 demo. I also tested on high performance (32bit and 64bit) PC, it has the same problems. One thing confused me, I test the same CAD file on the old hypershot and keyshot 1.9 version, It was very quick, and no problem at all. Does anyone know the answer?