Main Menu

Internal Notes/Text Editor

Started by DMerz III, January 19, 2019, 10:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

:) This is a lower priority, but something larger teams might benefit from.

Having an internal 'text' or 'notes' editor. Maybe something similar to the Scripting Console, or even built co-existing with the scripting console.
But instead of its input being for python code, it's simply for leaving notes within the file, like a 'readme' and/or changelog for files which get passed
from one team member to the other. Also helpful for keeping reminders for a long-term project, where you might forget some of the nuances over time.

Also handy for keeping a record of what's changed, what settings were used (in the event those accidentally get shifted) or whatever else having notes would be handy for. It will live within the .bip, so it isn't necessary to keep an external README file.

Would anyone else find good use of this?

INNEO_MWo

It would be very helpful if a user can add some meta data as property of a scene, that KeyShot adds to the meta file of the renders.

So

+1 from me

RRIS

I can see how this would be useful..
A little post-it note alternative would be quite nice to leave instructions for my future self and/or coworkers.

mattjgerard

Yes. I made a request similar to this a while ago back in 6. Would be very handy, we cross reference all our projects in 2 separate places, our DAM where our final renders live and our archive system. Having all that info/links/image ID numbers in the ksp file would be very handy. Also we would store links to models used, notes as to gotchas in the projects, etc. Really really like this idea.

Eric Summers

+1!

I definitely would like being able to puts notes in with my scenes. Trying to remember why I did what I did 6 months ago would be easier with some hints  ;D

DMerz III

:) awesome. I'm glad others could find some use of this.

At this very moment, I am wishing I could leave a note in one of my files.