Main Menu

Headlights WIP

Started by EGON, September 07, 2011, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

Messing around in PS. Real pain making the lights on the floor. I notice a lot of photographers just leave them off the floor. Like on the new Camaro ad. I guess you mind will just fill in the blanks. Rainy day in Denver. The background was shot by Francois. Thanks buddy!

feher

It's offical. You make me sick. ;)
Nice work EGON. Really like the emotion felt when looking at this.
It's a keeper.
Tim

elliasp

PhilippeV8

I kinda prefer the top one ... cars usualy don't light up the ground so close to the nose of the car (I think) ... maybe something in between both renders ?
Other than that ... this one is way cool !

guest2984

First is really nice. The light projections in the second pic don't convince me at all.
Light should be "longer" on the asphalt.
Btw it's my opinion only.

Have a nice day.

EGON

I agree Outsider. I just got back from getting coffee and it's totally dark outside. Watched cars and didn't hardly see anything on the ground at all.

guest84672

Suoer work, Egon. Since I got the middle name "The Eye" from you, I thought I put it to work. One thing I noticed was the focal length of the car vs the backplate. The car is lined up properly on the right, so I would think that it has to match the line on the road on the left as well. Maybe you can give this a try - use the perspective slider in the camera tab.

Also, I think the car is a bit big when compared to the motorcycles on the left.

EGON

The background was shot with 24mm. The top shots the camera FL was 35mm. Now the camera FL is 24mm for this one. And I turned the car a bit. For me placement of the object is one of the hardest things to do in 3D. I always think I can resize it in post but that is difficult also. For me anyway.

Josh3D

Excellent egon. I like the warmer tone of the upper images. Do you use the ground grid at all to help with placement and sizing? Helps me sometimes.

guest84672

Yup - better. Tilt the car back a bit. You are doing this composition in realtime inside of KeyShot, right?

EGON

Just got home. I do everything in realtime.

guest84672

ok - just checking. Turn on the ground grid and do it. It will help!

EGON

Nose up . How does the ground grid help ? I don't get it.

degruch

Looks to me as if the car was in the correct orientation initially, albeit a tad big. The grid shows that the nose is too far up...note the horizon of yout grid, and the horizon of the street behind.

I would never have noticed the headlamps weren't hitting the ground, if you hadn't mentioned it, well spotted! I agree with PhilippeV8 though, in regard to the direction and intensity of the beam.

You 'The Eye' awright...great render!

Tim Wolf

Great rendering. However, the car is relatively BIG. In this case the vertical dimensions of the wheels are most easy to compare. In reality the front wheel of the car is possibly almost same size as the motorbike wheels. (Please see attached image) It is obvious that the vertical magenta line should have a length somewhere between the length of the green and yellow vertical lines. And the front wheel (and rest of the car) should follow this proportion. Success !