Main Menu

some ideas

Started by aebstract, September 08, 2011, 05:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebstract

These may already be coming or may not, may have been mentioned as well already. Just dropping off some things I think would help improve the software as I've seen it so far.

When I have an open model that has multiple parts under the main assembly in keyshot it would be awesome if I could "move" each one individually. For instance, I've wanted to take a cover off of a machine and lay it on the ground but I have to import it that way, would be nice to be able to set up scenes in that way on the fly.

Save a small preview of the job in the render queue so that you can see what the jobs are. Once you get over so many jobs you kind of lose track unless you are writing down exactly what each one is each time you add one.

Also for the render queue, would be great if you could go back and change certain things, render settings, materials, etc. At least the render settings, say I set up 20 scenes and think I have my render settings right and find out that it is off a bit and want to change it across the board, be cool to be able to do somehow.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: aebstract on September 08, 2011, 05:06:22 AM
When I have an open model that has multiple parts under the main assembly in keyshot it would be awesome if I could "move" each one individually.
Check the details on the upcoming KS v3 ... :)

Save a small preview of the job in the render queue so that you can see what the jobs are. Once you get over so many jobs you kind of lose track unless you are writing down exactly what each one is each time you add one.
If I'm not mistaken .. thumbnails are coming ... so I guess they'll add the thumbnails for the Q as well ... or at least .. they should !!

Also for the render queue, would be great if you could go back and change certain things, render settings, materials, etc. At least the render settings, say I set up 20 scenes and think I have my render settings right and find out that it is off a bit and want to change it across the board, be cool to be able to do somehow.

I think there is a way to do this ... the Q files are stored in the KeyShot\Scenes folder ... they are .ext files but if renamed to bip, they can be opened in KS and edited... don't know if this an official way to work ...

aebstract

I would like to hear a little bit more about that last option of changing settings on items in the queue. Maybe Thomas can comment on this and let us know if that is a good way to go about trying to update the queue. I'll be sure to check out what is coming to v3 so I don't post ideas that are already on the way :)