Main Menu

Diamond rings

Started by MarkoO, January 19, 2019, 01:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkoO

Hi,

I've been following this forum for some time and I'm amazed at the many spectacular images.
I can only imagine how much work some cars, interiors and many others requires.

I have used Keyshot about a year and it is just awesome tool. I am a jewelry designer and goldsmith and I use Rhino for modeling.
Usually I use 3d files for printing, but sometimes I need to do the whole modeling purely for rendering purpose.
I never have enough time to properly focus on rendering so KeyShot is just perfect for me, it's really easy to use and the quality is great.

When I do designs for customers, the composition and the overall appearance must be quite simple,
because it's very important that customers understand what kind of jewelrys they are ordering before we start to making them.
I always try to find a balance between a fine image/realism/perfectly made jewelry.

Rendering times could have been a bit longer, but this kind of quality is enough for the customers.
Until now I have used only HDRI images, I have not even tried physical lights and reflectors.
All images are made with KeyShot7 without post-processing.

Kico

Really nice ! I would buy the jewelries from these renderings ( well if I had enough money ).
And I love the platform textures too.

RRIS

Very nice! Non-render related question: how do you actually make the physical ring from CAD data? Do you print a wax model and cast? Do you add the arms/setting to hold the stones after or is it all in one go?

MarkoO

Thanks!
Yes i print a wax model and cast it. Usually I can print the whole ring in one piece. If the ring is really complex I can print and cast it in two or three pieces and solder them together.
Everything else is purely handmade.

RRIS

Still a lot of work from the wax print to final product I imagine :) Thanks!

Will Gibbons

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing and contributing!