Main Menu

PUBG Level 3 Helmet

Started by Ananth Narayan, January 23, 2019, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ananth Narayan

Hello, here is the render made from catia and keyshot

Kico

Love the metal textures !!
I would change the hemisphere texture mapping to a more uniform mode so the change in direction would not distract ...
Cheers
Kico

Ananth Narayan

Thanks kico, for sorting out problem. Here is it:

Kico

Hi  Ananth,

Sorry for not making myself clear in the first place :D

I meant If it was me I would change the texture mapping mode from box to something like planar or sphere ( from left to right in the attached screenshot )

Happy friday
Kico

Ananth Narayan

Thanks kico, here is the render: Feel free to spot mistakes. Also how do you say it's distracting. I don't feel anything with the photograph. I have also reduced scratches and it's height which felt some what bad and also it was friend's opinion.

Kico

Hi Ananth,
sorry for the late reply.

All of the time I've been talking about the brush bump, not the scratch bump. Can you see the brush mapping is not uniform ? That's what distracts me and I made an example with 2 spheres in my previous reply about how I would fix it.

Hope this helps ?
Kico

mattjgerard

This should help describe what we are seeing. The grain of the brushed effect is not mapped correctly.

Kico

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 28, 2019, 06:30:43 AM
This should help describe what we are seeing. The grain of the brushed effect is not mapped correctly.
Loud and clear ! What I should have done in the first place.

Ananth Narayan

But I tried to edit material on graph. But it doesn't work. I tried changing UV angle. Can you tell what properties must be changed.

Kico

Change your mapping type of the brush bump. Current one is "box",like I've said before.
You can try different types to explore.

Ananth Narayan

Thanks kico, for guiding. Finally got correct rendering.

Kico