Main Menu

Vintage Fire Engine

Started by Speedster, April 18, 2010, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Just finished up my 1913 Ford Model T "Howe" Fire Engine, and here's the first test images.  Modeled in SolidWorks.  HDR is the HDRLightStudio_car_studio_dark.  Backplate is mine in PS.  900 wide rendered in about 1 minute on 8 cpu's, in version 1.9.54.  The large 6000 wide rendered in about 56 minutes average.

"Big Arm" is the little town in Montana that I grew up in, population 12 at that time, in the late '40's.  They did not have a Fire Department, but if they had back when it was a "roaring" community in the early 1900's, this would have been just the ticket.  Of course, with 22 HP the firemen could run to the fire faster!

She's part of my new series of giclee prints on our soon to be up new website.

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

EGON

I wish I could model like that. Nice work Bill.

guest84672

As always - very nice Stormy2 - I mean Speedster!!

speedster2

Hi all;

I'm now "speedster2"- it's been almost impossible to login with my old info.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, and perhaps someone can help with a material question.

For a long time I've been trying to create a believable "Polished Nickel" or nickel plate, without success.  It's very ellusive, and highly dependent on the HDRI.  Any clues?  It's sort of a "warm chrome", like polished "German Silver".

Thanks,
Bill G

EGON

Speedster

Hi Egon;

???  "Try this as you env".  Not sure what you are saying.  Looks more like my recording studio than a CGI studio, but it sure looks like my eyes feel right now!

Bill G

EGON

I ment turn it into an hdri and use it as your environment .