Offline computer cloud materials availability

Started by qdBXDXFaqutxGfTnf9Ig, January 17, 2019, 03:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qdBXDXFaqutxGfTnf9Ig

I am wondering if there is a way to access or download materials and textures and then transfer them to an offline machine running keyshot? If anyone has any suggestions I would appretiate it.

RRIS

Interesting username :p

For that purpose, just package your file as a .ksp and copy that over to the other machine. That way you'll have all the textures, environments, etc. in one location.

mattjgerard

You can copy the material library and its content, usually located in your user's Documents folder.

qdBXDXFaqutxGfTnf9Ig

Thanks for the replies. Ya the username I usually just use a generator for accounts (added security) I didn't know I would be using it in a forum.
Do I need to have keyshot on the computer that has internet access, to be able to access the materials data base, or is there another way?

mattjgerard

Are you talking about Keyshot Cloud? If so then yes, you need internet access, but after you download them they will be local on  your machine.

qdBXDXFaqutxGfTnf9Ig

I am not sure what it is called. The only materials data base I have seen is the one that you can access through keyshot (the program computer) to some sort of internet based materials library. I have only seen someone else use it. I dont have personal experience with it. I know that keyshot has some materials loaded onto it when you install the program. I am not talking about those, but rather the online materials library. My question is then, because I have keyshot on an offline computer and not on my online computer I am wondering if there is a way to acces that online library without going through keyshot, or would it only be possible with keyshot being on the online computer?

qdBXDXFaqutxGfTnf9Ig