Main Menu

Threadripper 2 - 457fps

Started by guest85409, August 15, 2018, 06:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyShot

We are going to take a closer look at the threadripper architecture on Windows to see if we can work around the issues.

a_riva

Quote from: camomiles on November 02, 2018, 12:01:15 PM
The TR looses against my Xeon machine in interior mode. If you do a lot of  interior mode related projects in KS, wait for more information from Luxion first. Product mode shows better performance.
I'll test some more heavy scenes next week and will post the results.
Hi! Some you have result of test?

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: a_riva on December 12, 2018, 06:30:37 AM
Quote from: camomiles on November 02, 2018, 12:01:15 PM
The TR looses against my Xeon machine in interior mode. If you do a lot of  interior mode related projects in KS, wait for more information from Luxion first. Product mode shows better performance.
I'll test some more heavy scenes next week and will post the results.
Hi! Some you have result of test?

No. We dropped KS from our main pipeline and didn't investigate it further. Sorry.

a_riva

anybody try this fix in interior scene?

menizzi

Does vray suffer at all? Why does interior mode suffer? What is it doing that product mode does not? I thought a cpu cycle is a cpu cycle but I guess not.

mafrieger

Quote from: KeyShot on November 03, 2018, 04:14:27 PM
We are going to take a closer look at the threadripper architecture on Windows to see if we can work around the issues.

just fyi: here is a very good summary of actual state of the performance problems of TR2 running on windows:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13853/amd-comments-on-threadripper-2-performance-and-windows-scheduler

joseph

Has anyone tried the CorePrio fix?