Countdown to end of license message on queue.

Started by TGS808, December 04, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGS808

On Nov. 21, I started a rendering which launched my network render queue and at the top there was a message that said:

"There are only 29 days left of the license! Contact support for renewal."

I brought this to the attention of my IT guy and he said he'd look into it. On Nov. 27 I contacted IT again as the message was still there (only now it said 23 days left). He assured me that everything has been renewed, and our maintenance plan is paid for and up to date. However, the message is still there today saying there is only 16 days left. IT has assured me that this isn't going to shut off on me on Dec. 20 but if that's the case, why is the message still there? Any one know what's up?

bharris

I'd send an email to license@luxion.com. They reply quickly and you may just need a new license file.

TGS808

I could (and might) but my IT guy (who I trust isn't lying to me) says he already talked to Luxion.

Mario Stockinger

We renew our licence every year (128 Cores) - and have to load the new licence file to the master - afaik there is no online check for the NW renderer Licence like it is for Keyshot main program.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Mario Stockinger on December 04, 2018, 10:08:42 PM
We renew our licence every year (128 Cores) - and have to load the new licence file to the master - afaik there is no online check for the NW renderer Licence like it is for Keyshot main program.

Same here.

TGS808

Good tips guys, thanks. I contacted Luxion. They sent a new serial code and said to wait until there is one day left and then to enter the new code to be set up for the next year. Makes sense. I thought it strange that I've had this network running for over a year and a half and have never seen that message before. But now that I realize what's happened I believe it's because we initially bought one floating license in May 2017 and in Dec. 2017 we bought two more. Our IT guy told me today that he asked Luxion (at the time of purchase of the second two) to consolidate everything together the so it would all expire/renew together. Which explains why I never saw this message last May. The timing lines up. So, all good now. Thanks again.

DMerz III

I believe the reminder is a new feature in KS8?

That might be why you don't remember seeing it last year,  :)