Preferences and Settings won't save

Started by parodbd, September 11, 2011, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parodbd

I can't get my preferences to save.  I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Lion (Mac OSX).  Is anyone else having the same issue?  I need to change the path for my Materials / Textures folders.  If I change them they only stay mapped for my current session.  Which isn't that bad for textures, but the materials folder needs a restart to pick up the change.  Every time I restart Keyshot they return to default settings.  Guess that I could try to reinstall Keyshot, but I wanted to check and see if anyone had any suggestions first.

Thanks for any help.... ???

-Brandon

guest84672

Do you have write permission for you .xml file? It is in inside KeyShot.app/Contents/MacOS.

parodbd

:D  I went in and messed with the permissions, and it fixed the problem.  It just said fetching where it should have listed my username.  I erased that permission and added my admin account.  Now it works.  Not sure why it wouldn't pick up my user account though..

Thanks for the Help!

guest84672

sure - we will also take a look at it from our end. But I think there was a known issue with permission in the original release of Lion.