Texture changes from KS6.3 to KS8.1 (using same FBX model)

Started by rod, January 24, 2019, 10:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod

Texture changes appearance from KS6.3 to KS8.1 when importing the identical FBX model. I had similar issues between other versions of KS in the past relating to FBX import. Any suggestions? Last time I had such an issue, it was fixed by KS updating their FBX import engine. Any other suggestions?

Will Gibbons

You didn't mention what is changing... Only thing I can see is the brightness of the texture. If that's the case, it's likely the environment. The lighting probably changing from file to file resulting in the differing color. Another thing could be the gamma settings of the KeyShot file. What about Image Styles, are you using a Photographic Image Style? Unfortunately, there's a lot that could cause such a change. Without two files to compare, I really couldn't pinpoint the issue. Hope this leads to a discovery.

rod

Found the issue! Upon importing the FBX model, KS8.1 automatically ticks a box under the Materials tab called "Blend with Color" This box is not even available on KS 6.3. I would think that the default on KS8 should be unticked so as to conform with import procedures from past versions.

Will Gibbons

Glad you figured this one out! Thanks for sharing what the cause was.