photographic image style looks flatter/darker/dimmer

Started by djnoone, January 29, 2019, 07:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djnoone

Is it me or there is a specific idea behind this?

mattjgerard

Yes. It removes and resets all gamma and corrections that are normally applied, and lets you see the "raw" image as KS renders it. Basically allows you to start from scratch on image corrections and enhancements. KS normally applies a gamma correction to each image that it renders, this removes that and lets you create your own, along with a load of other adjustments. Will or Dries explained it that way to me, can't recall which :)

So yes, its normal. You just have to make your own adjustments to get it to where you want it. This is what the image would look like without any gamma corrections to it that KS automatically applies in the basic mode.

Esben Oxholm

Is there a way to adjust the photographic style to look as the basic, in case you want to use that as a starting point for the adjustments?

mattjgerard

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 29, 2019, 10:32:36 AM
Is there a way to adjust the photographic style to look as the basic, in case you want to use that as a starting point for the adjustments?

I had asked this before, and got a "Well, not really" sort of response. It was because I liked the way the Basic looked, just wanted to tweak, and when it switched over I had to start from scratch. I think they were going to tweak the initial Photographic settings to match the basic, but haven't heard anything about it in a while. I have not been updating or using the beta in a while, neck deep in kicking out scads of images for our sales meetings happening this week.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 29, 2019, 11:32:45 AM
Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 29, 2019, 10:32:36 AM

I had asked this before, and got a "Well, not really" sort of response. It was because I liked the way the Basic looked, just wanted to tweak, and when it switched over I had to start from scratch. I think they were going to tweak the initial Photographic settings to match the basic, but haven't heard anything about it in a while. I have not been updating or using the beta in a while, neck deep in kicking out scads of images for our sales meetings happening this week.
Okay, guessed so. Thanks for letting us know :)