Exit PAUSED mode

Started by Zvi, January 30, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

I am stuck in PAUSED mode as can be seen in attached image. SHIFT + P does not help.

Eric Summers

It looks like you're in the middle of rendering an animation. When the Render dialog window is greyed out like that, it's usually rendering something.

Did you start an animation and then cancel it? I've done that before and it locks things up until the rendering is "finished", even though I canceled it.

Esben Oxholm

Have experienced as well that an animation continued rendering although I had cancelled it and it didn't show the rendering window.
When I went into my export folder I could see the frames ticking in. Had to open the windows process window and kill the rendering process.

Eric Summers

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 30, 2019, 12:05:50 PM
Have experienced as well that an animation continued rendering although I had cancelled it and it didn't show the rendering window.
When I went into my export folder I could see the frames ticking in. Had to open the windows process window and kill the rendering process.

I had to force it to stop too. Interesting, I never thought to go to the folder to see if frames were still coming in. XRs also do the same thing.

I've found the best way for me to avoid this is to always use 'Stop and Save' instead of 'Stop'.

Zvi

You are all right. I checked the folder, and indeed the animation files in the process appear. Is there any way to stop rendering in this mode?

INNEO_MWo

I am sure that this depends on one option of the render mode. Just change the render option to background and you'll able to leave pause mode while KeyShot renders in background. That's all

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco