Metal spring animation

Started by Öner, August 13, 2018, 12:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Öner

Hello there,

i made an spring animation on Keyshot.  Please look at attachment.  It took a long time, but i think its enough because;

deformation is a problem on keyshot. in fact it's impossible.

INNEO_MWo

Some modelling tools like blender or C4D or a few other are capable to define the deformation and export it as alembic cache (.abc). KeyShot 7 can import these file type directly with all the animation nodes. But most CAD tools doesn't support .abc output.

Who can add some comments?

Cheers
Marco

Öner

Quote from: MWo on August 13, 2018, 06:21:58 AM
Some modelling tools like blender or C4D or a few other are capable to define the deformation and export it as alembic cache (.abc). KeyShot 7 can import these file type directly with all the animation nodes. But most CAD tools doesn't support .abc output.

Cheers
Marco

Thanks again,

i finished the animation which you can see it as an attachment.  i did it on keyshot animation by using rhinoceros and i just want to share it.  thanks.

qggjonny

How do you do it with rhinoceros?
Quote from: Öner on August 13, 2018, 06:39:40 AM
Quote from: MWo on August 13, 2018, 06:21:58 AM

Cheers
Marco

Thanks again,

i finished the animation which you can see it as an attachment.  i did it on keyshot animation by using rhinoceros and i just want to share it.  thanks.

William5737

I've done this by making an assembly of the folding pieces, pieces that are mated where they bend on the edge. It worked great for a manufacturing aid as to which bend to bend first, second, etc. Mobdro

Öner

hello there, sorry for late answer at first.  there are too many spring model at different size.  at start of the animation, i show you just one spring otherwise the others are in fade.  then while animation, i fade out the others according to move.