Eye Dropper Tool Not Working Outside of Keyshot Window

Started by domatibil, February 05, 2019, 05:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domatibil

When I try to use the eye dropper tool to get a color in say, chrome browser or any window outside of keyshot it only shows up as black.  I am using Keyshot 8 and I have never seen this problem before.

Francisco

Hello Domatibil,

Quote from: domatibil on February 05, 2019, 05:27:01 AM
When I try to use the eye dropper tool to get a color in say, chrome browser or any window outside of keyshot it only shows up as black.  I am using Keyshot 8 and I have never seen this problem before.

Would you happen to be using a dual monitor setup with KeyShot? If you are do you know if your Keyshot is opening on on your second monitor and if so can you try to have it open on the main monitor when using the eyedropper tool? There is currently a known issue that the developers are looking into what causes the eyedropper tool to turn black when it opens on a second screen.

Ryan Day

Quote from: Francisco on February 05, 2019, 01:38:00 PM
Hello Domatibil,

Quote from: domatibil on February 05, 2019, 05:27:01 AM

Would you happen to be using a dual monitor setup with KeyShot? If you are do you know if your Keyshot is opening on on your second monitor and if so can you try to have it open on the main monitor when using the eyedropper tool? There is currently a known issue that the developers are looking into what causes the eyedropper tool to turn black when it opens on a second screen.

I have the same issue on my end, dual monitor setup. Keyshot opens on the main monitor, though.

Also, ever since the eyedropped was implemented it consistently picks a colour that is considerably darker than the actual colour I'm trying to pick. Not just optical illusion, either; I've verified with RGB values. It's made the colour picker useless, even when it wasn't just coming up black.

ikach

Im having the same issue,

On and off im usign the dual monitor setup
Ive disconnected the screen , restarted

I cant even make sense of where the picker is selecting the colour from

Please do help fix this please
Using the latest version

cheers

Bruno F

Hello,

Thank you for posting this topic.  Currently, there is a known issue with eyedropper on secondary monitors (the monitor on which KeyShot's main window isn't). In this instance, we recommend using the color picker on the primary monitor (the monitor on which KeyShot's main window is currently begin displayed).

If you are experiencing issues with the color picker on a single minor setup, then please check that your graphics drivers are all up to date (integrated and dedicated). You can also set your AMD/Nvidia card as the "preferred graphics processor" for KeyShot.

Set Preferred GPU (AMD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh9Eob0mNY&t=279s

Set Preferred GPU (Nvidia): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WWS-_SOV_4