Realtime View Freezing

Started by Paul Lang, December 04, 2018, 09:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lang

Someone help! Yesterday realtime view window freezes about every 15min for no apparent reason but mostly when moving objects around, moving camera, The only way to un-freeze it is to quit Keyshot and reopen. Very difficult to get anything done when you have to relaunch the program every 10-15min. Doesn't matter how big the file is either. It is also not this file as I tried a test on a new import of just one object and after about 10min of moving it around realtime view froze. Anyone else having this issue. Is it keyshot? is in graphics related? This is Keyshot 8.

Paul

Paul Lang

Something else I just discovered, you don't even have to be using the live view for this to happen. Was just moving things around in the geometry view and when I want back to the live view window it was frozen. Would like to reinstalling keyshot but can't seem to access without going through the purchase page.

Paul Lang

never mind right there on the downloads page. Going to reinstall keyshot will repost if that works.

Paul Lang

Just reinstalled Keyshot. No change Realtime View froze in 10min. Help!

Paul Lang

ok does seem to be a keyshot thing, been trying different things when it freezes and if I toggle the toolbar or ribbon on or off it unfreezes the the live view, weird bug.

mattjgerard

I like the running commentary :)

Might be a graphics driver issue, so make sure your go to the manufacturers site and download the latest driver, don't use your OS auto update, they often aren't very reliable.

Make sure if you reinstall that you do a full uninstall as well, so that it will get rid of the preferences and all asscoated files.

Make sure your CPU usage is not at 100%. Personally I don't think that should even be an option, but that can cause freezes as the computer has no overhead to do its own things in the background.

Paul Lang

Thanks for the suggestions, I upgraded to Mojave a week ago. A few things seemed buggy since then, this issue didn't appear immediately but shortly after.. CPU is never set to 100% like to leave a little for system and jumping into photoshop. Just to re-cap, it is just the real-time view window that freezes, geometry view and Menues still function. I can get it to unfreeze by toggling on/off toolbar or ribbon but will freeze up again after about 10-15 minutes.

Paul

PhilipTh

Hello Paul,

Please try disabling selection outlines and GPU effects

You can do this in:

KeyShot > Preferences > Interface
Toggle off "Selection outlines" and "Use GPU (enable effects)"

Let us know if that makes any difference for you.

Also, may I ask, what exact version are you running?
You can find this information in KeyShot > About KeyShot

Paul Lang

This is an old post, But this issue of the realtime view freezing has returned. I'm not sure why the problem went away for a bit but it is back. The only thing different is that today I updated my OS. Realtime View freezes sometimes within a minute or two to 10min when making a change to anything that requires the realtime view to refresh and the only way to unfreeze it is to restart Keyshot. Geometry view is un-effected, all menu items work. Even clicking on an object in the frozen realtime view, you can see in the scene tree that that object has been selected. Over the past hour I have had to restart Keyshot 12 times ugh. I have tried turning off selection outlines, no change. I have disabled Use GPU and seem ok but didn't test it too long as you loose those features and needed to turn it back on to use the image/photographic settings to render.  I am running Keyshot 8 on a 2013 mac pro, 16 core, 64gb ram with the most recent version of macOS Mojave. I'm not sure what to do, please help.

Paul

KeyShot

We have KeyShot running on Mac OS pro hardware, and we have not seen this issue? Does it happen with simple scenes as well?

Paul Lang

Doesn't seem to matter the complexity.