Problems with sending my Zbrush polypainted model to Keyshot from zbrush.

Started by steven tetlow, February 10, 2019, 08:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven tetlow

Can help me with this problem I'm having sending my zbrush polypainted model over to keyshot? Ive done a few tests sending polyaint to keyshot and had some success with doing it. Ive painted part of a zbrush sculpt sent it to keyshot changing the material the flat color material and highlighting the groups by materials in the render tab and it worked for me. I then spend the rest of my day [ many hours] painting the entire model try sending it over the same way using the Keyshot bridge and my model make ends up destroyed in keyshot. If I send the model over without the polypaint it comes in fine. I would like to use the polypaint though and don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas that would help i would greatly appreciate the help... thank you

Ian Reymond

Hello steven tetlow,

Thank you for your post.
Would you be able to share the model with Polypaint with us?

Please provide us with a sample file. If it is an assembly please included all parts in a zipped folder. You may send it securely via our WeTransfer.

Please Make sure to include the following in the message field for your file upload:

The Post Subject: Problems with sending my  Zbrush polypainted model to Keyshot from zbrush
Support Agent: Ian
This will allow us to track your files in our system.

Quote from: steven tetlow on February 10, 2019, 08:37:52 AM
Can help me with this problem I'm having sending my zbrush polypainted model over to keyshot? Ive done a few tests sending polyaint to keyshot and had some success with doing it. Ive painted part of a zbrush sculpt sent it to keyshot changing the material the flat color material and highlighting the groups by materials in the render tab and it worked for me. I then spend the rest of my day [ many hours] painting the entire model try sending it over the same way using the Keyshot bridge and my model make ends up destroyed in keyshot. If I send the model over without the polypaint it comes in fine. I would like to use the polypaint though and don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas that would help i would greatly appreciate the help... thank you

LM6

What version of ZBrush are you using? have you tried shutting down Keyshot and re sending from Zbrush

Can you post a screen grab of the material graph in Keyshot?

After you send the mesh to Keyshot try unplugging the matcap/texture node from the diffuse input and add a vertex node and plug that into the diffuse input

Bruno F

Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.
You may open a new post for additional assistance.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team