Lyght - Electric Motorbike Concept (adding people to Renderings)

Started by al_jot, February 13, 2019, 02:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_jot

Hi everyone,

here's a study on how to integrate "real" people to your renderings. I think it works out pretty well.
First, since I had no perspective reference, I had a hard time matching perspetcive of the real photo and the rendering. Moreover, in Photoshop, it was difficult to achieve the result of this guy really standing on the ground next to the bike.
In the end, the trick was, to mix a CG- Guy with a photo. The photo was then added as a texture (camera/view mapping) to get propper shadows and reflections on bike and ground. This potpourri was then replaced with the real guy in photoshop, and voilĂ , here we go.

If you have any other cool tips on how to implement real footage to your rederings please let me know. I think stuff like this always boosts the perception and understanding of your design.

Josip_ZG

I'm positively "surprised" someone is working on a similar study as I am. Since my workflow was pretty detailed and full of different steps, even going to the location myself to create a reflection map which I later used as a full HDRI, I'll create a whole new topic here, so you can visit and give it a look.

One question, though. Which photo did you add as a texture and to what did you apply it? You applied a photo of a man on the bike or...? Can you provide an example of how a render looks without that? A screenshot would be enough. Thanks.

al_jot

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

I just mapped the photo- guy (first image) on the 3d-Modell guy. You can see it in the third picture. I then removed the 3d-guy in post- production and montaged tho photo- guy back in.

I hope this helps. If not, I can be more detailed about that.