Air Purifier (and Knob/Buttons) for Renderweely challenges.

Started by Kico, January 24, 2019, 12:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kico

Hi Keyshot folks ,

I was late to submit last week renderweekly challenge ( I hate to love design challenge! ) but had a lot of fun doing this; especially really trying out the scattering medium for the first time.

The design takes inspiration from the supertree in Singapore's Garden by the bay.

Didn't know it takes a really long time to render smoke.
Thanks to ESBEN's tips I was able to clean up the noises afterward in Photoshop ( still a bit clumsy though ! ).

Modeled in Solidworks and rendered in Keyshot of course.

Thanks for watching
Kico

Kico

Revisited the CAD file and edited the Knob design for another RenderWeekly challenge.
Personally I don't think the faceted style fits the overall design, just wanted to exercise an old modeling technique in Solidworks.

Thanks for the time.
Kico

Eric Summers

This looks nice Kico! That's pretty cool that you modeled the facets in SW. I can't even think of how I would do that!

Kico

Quote from: Eric Summers on February 13, 2019, 07:10:08 AM
This looks nice Kico! That's pretty cool that you modeled the facets in SW. I can't even think of how I would do that!

Thanks Eric ! I built a base surface first, then utilized the "point on surface" in 3D sketch to have a network of points, finally connected every 3 points with 3D sketch lines to form a triangle planar face ( except for those that touch the "rims" ) ... the rest you probably know.
Hope I make it clear.

Eric Summers

Quote from: kico on February 13, 2019, 04:40:33 PM
Thanks Eric ! I built a base surface first, then utilized the "point on surface" in 3D sketch to have a network of points, finally connected every 3 points with 3D sketch lines to form a triangle planar face ( except for those that touch the "rims" ) ... the rest you probably know.
Hope I make it clear.

Ah! Very cool. That's a clever way to do it! Thanks for the explanation.  :)