Product Animations

Started by puyopuyo, October 12, 2018, 05:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesign

Absolutely awesome work! Beautifully done. Bravo :)

Cheers,
Eric

puyopuyo

Quote from: Rex on November 09, 2018, 09:37:49 AM
Very well executed animation! Is that all setup in 1 scene or multiple scenes composed in post?
I´m glad you like the animations - they are multiple scenes composed in After Effects.
Quote from: theAVator on November 09, 2018, 10:04:31 AM
Wow! That's awesome!
The movement is just so fluid and great timing. Is it all animated in Keyshot, or did you create the animations in the modeling program and just render them in Keyshot?
The first animation of the work light and the last camera animation around the copper fan were made in Maya and imported into Keyshot. All other animations are from Keyshot. Thanks for your comment!
Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 09, 2018, 10:09:43 AM
Killer! What I love about your work is that it's very clean and polished.
I always try to be as clean as possible when showing products, cool to hear that you like it!
Quote from: bdesign on November 09, 2018, 01:36:44 PM
Absolutely awesome work! Beautifully done. Bravo :)

Cheers,
Eric
That´s great to hear thanks Eric!

puyopuyo

Esben Oxholm

Great stuff!
Everything is nice, but really love the shot at .35 - killer work!

puyopuyo

Thanks Esben! I´m really happy you like it.
It´s funny- I´ve had similar reactions about the shot at 35s with the Switch gamepad pretty often. This was the shot with the least amount of work with a Keyshot interior environment for lighting, no ground, and almost no work in After Effects. That´s the power of Keyshot I guess- a decent model will look great immediately!  :)

Esben Oxholm

Ha, true.
It's always the stuff that takes the least amount of work that is the best :)

A lot of different things works very well in that shot. The close-up composition, the steady pan, the highlights on the glossy parts, the subtle rotation. Good stuff.

Will Gibbons

Nice! Plenty's been said about this already, but I'll add my two cents and say it rocks! The speed ramps-- all KS, all post or a combination of both? Good execution!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Stellar work! +1 to all the commenters here. Clean, communicative and gorgeous.

puyopuyo

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 05, 2018, 11:48:33 PM
Ha, true.
It's always the stuff that takes the least amount of work that is the best :)

A lot of different things works very well in that shot. The close-up composition, the steady pan, the highlights on the glossy parts, the subtle rotation. Good stuff.

Great to hear your thoughts on that shot- thank you! These videos are teamworks with 2-3 participents and this shot was made entirely by my coworker Katharina and she sends her thanks for your praise!  :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 07, 2018, 01:55:03 PM
Nice! Plenty's been said about this already, but I'll add my two cents and say it rocks! The speed ramps-- all KS, all post or a combination of both? Good execution!

Thank you Will- the zoom cuts were made with Premiere.

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 18, 2018, 05:36:58 AM
Stellar work! +1 to all the commenters here. Clean, communicative and gorgeous.

Thank you for your feedback Magnus always appreciated!  :)

puyopuyo

New animation about our heaters- most of the modeling and animation by Katharina Fedelheimer.

https://vimeo.com/314511308

Will Gibbons

I like the carousel approach on this one.

Sushmitaroy

That was really a good animation. How much time it took to complete the entire animation i.e., from initial modeling to final output?

puyopuyo

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 04, 2019, 10:47:31 AM
I like the carousel approach on this one.
Thanks, that was one of the few parts that was created by me. I planned to do something with the scattering medium feature for the spotlight but didn´t make it for the deadline.
Next time! :)

puyopuyo

Quote from: Sushmitaroy on March 07, 2019, 02:14:33 AM
That was really a good animation. How much time it took to complete the entire animation i.e., from initial modeling to final output?

Thank  you!
That´s tough to answer- we modeled 10 heaters for product images this winter which took about 2-3 weeks for my coworker. The animations, rendering and editing took about 1-2 weeks after that.