I need to get this leather texture material.

Started by brahmzxc, February 18, 2019, 05:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brahmzxc

I need to get this leather texture material but finding difficult to get this exact feel, can someone help me out, i would be very grateful.  :)

Öner

maybe you can find a leather material on the keyshot cloud.  bu if you want to make it great, you need to get an answer from keyshot professors.  be patient please.

INNEO_MWo

This is a plastic material in combination with displacement on a radial mapped procedural brushed texture (large scale) to get the wavy shape. And a regular leather procedural texture to the bump channel.

I guess it could be found in the cloud.

That's all

Cheers
Marco

DMerz III

Half the battle here is getting the model to be soft and tufted like that example (if that's what you're going for).

From a pure shader standpoint, there's lots of great keyshot cloud (and stock keyshot materials) as a standing point to tweak.

If that fails, Poliigon.com has some wonderful texture maps that plug into keyshot very nicely and will get a good result. Search the forum for instructions on how to use poliigon textures.

If you do need that modeling look with the 'tufts' you're going to want to use some kind of polygonal modeling program or sculpting specific application;

ZBrush, Blender, Maya, 3DsMax, Cinema4D, Modo, Houdini, etc.

brahmzxc

thanks for the all the suggestions this forum is really awesome to learn, but still i can't find exact material on keyshot cloud as well as on any website, if someone can help me out it will be really helpful.

Esben Oxholm

Hi brahmzxc.
For just the surface material if you search for 'sorensen' on the cloud, you should be able to find something pretty close to.
Try and find the one called 'paris passion'.

If you need the soft bulging surface, while it is possible to do with displacement mappen (I think it will be tough though), I will echo DMerz and suggest to model/sculpt it.

brahmzxc

thanks guys for your suggestions but can anyone download and apply the paris passion material to a object and send me the file because due to some reason when i click on the download option in keyshot cloud the material does not show up in my keyshot.

INNEO_MWo

Here they are as a WeTransfer link (~ 97 MB) https://we.tl/t-KZs3xSOwnl (valid till March, 4th)

By the way: It is not necessary to apply a material to a dummy part to transfer a material. You can create a temporary material template (manual to parts) and create a rule for each material and related files you want to collect. Then KeyShot will collect all related files and create a copy in the material template folder (path).

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

brahmzxc

Hey, HUGEEEE THANKS to Marco for helping me out with this material.

P.S. I will post the renders.