Importing New Geometry

Started by rod, February 18, 2019, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod

Perhaps this has already been discussed but did not see it. Previous versions of Keyshot had the option "New Geometry" when importing models. This was very convenient and saved me time. The option has now been removed. Could we please have this option back?

INNEO_MWo

This option is gone since KeyShot 7.
CTRL +N and CTRL+I does the same but enables using pre defined template scenes that contains all necessary options like model set with a ground plane, useful camera positions, perhaps combined this as studio(s) and your favorite environment(s).

Instead you can also delete the geometry (edit > delete ...) before importing the new geometry, but save as ...

I don't want to criticize your workflow, but show you the benefits of new ways that can save a lot of time previous versions wasn't capable to do.

Hope that helps or give the right impulse for an workflow update.

Cheers
Marco

Bruno F

Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team

Bruno F

Quote from: rod on February 18, 2019, 11:31:58 AM
Perhaps this has already been discussed but did not see it. Previous versions of Keyshot had the option "New Geometry" when importing models. This was very convenient and saved me time. The option has now been removed. Could we please have this option back?