Rounded edges are partially rendered in the negative direction

Started by germannick, February 20, 2019, 05:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

with the latest Keyshot version (8.2.80) I have issues with the rounded edge comment. As you can see in the attached file, some fillets are rendered in a negative direction.  I adjusted the mesh in Rhino, re-tesselated everything with different inside Keyshot, values (between 0.3 to 0.9) but the results are not changing.
All files that I open or import thru Keyshot have the same issue. I also realize that rounded edge option does not work without previous manual tesselation. It doesn't make a difference if I use the import NURBS option when adding a file into keyshot. If I use the Command: KeyShot8Render directly out of Rhino 6, then the rounded edges look perfect. Unfortunately, that option is not always applicable.

I also checked if the model is solid and does not have any open surfaces, but that is all save and sound.

INNEO_MWo

Do you re-calculated the normals?
Does this also happens if you use Step files instead of 3dm?

germannick

it doesn´t make a difference if I use STEP or 3DM files.

This issue used to be present when the feature "rounded edge" first was introduced and was solved later. With the latest build it resurfaced. If I use the same file in any KeyShot 7 Version, this issue is not appearing.

Bruno F

There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team