White dots on render

Started by Andrew_G, February 25, 2019, 05:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_G

Hi,

I try to render particular scene with a lot of milk (semi transparent) plastics. But unfortunately I`m getting a lot of white dots. I have no idea, how I can eradicate them. I tried to turn off GI - it helped a little but still didnt look good. And in general I want to use GI as some parts of the render became to dark (especially this milk plastic behing glass). I tried a lot of different render settings and all failed. What's worst the longer it render the more white dots are appearing. Do you have any ideas, how can I fix it?

Below is a sample image of those white dots.

INNEO_MWo

There are several forum entries/ threats or get rid of the ,,fireflies" (most common search word).
Most of the tips reduces the roughness, increases the samples and/or the material parameter samples (roughness or ...).

Sorry for the short form, wrote this on a mobile

Esben Oxholm

Hi Andrew.
Have you tried increasing the material roughness samples (if possible)?

While I do agree it's best to get rid of this in KeyShot, it can be close to impossible sometimes and if everything else fail, doing a bit of photoshop clean-up work might help you.

Here's one method:
https://youtu.be/XeZSUR-_Svw

Andrew_G

Hi Guys,

Thanks for answers:)

MWo Yes, I read a lot of these topics and nothing helped. I found out that I can play along with roughness to avoid this fireflies. But I did'nt want to do it. Roughness is responsible for how my material looks like, and I dont want to interfere with this.

Esben Yes! After I started this topic I found your tutorial. And along with some materials tweaking it helped me a lot. Thank you and good work!:)

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Andrew_G on February 26, 2019, 10:49:54 PM
Esben Yes! After I started this topic I found your tutorial. And along with some materials tweaking it helped me a lot. Thank you and good work!:)

Cool, that's great to hear.