Main Menu

Amazon Tap

Started by Ananth Narayan, March 02, 2019, 07:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ananth Narayan

Render on amazon tap model. I studied a lot for creating these renders. Especially I should honour Esben Oxholm for such good videos and tips. Please do comment my mistakes so to rectify on my next renders.

jet1990

Good start on these.

My suggestions would be:
- The mesh material has a visible join in no.386
- The bump material on microphone button looks a little large for what is is; reduce bump size and height.
- There is a lot of white noise on no.387; this will be caused by how you've lit the scene.

Usually what my workflow is to concentrate on the getting materials right - so i will create duplicates of the product side by side and compare different material configurations. Once i am happy i then think about scene composition and getting the "beauty" shots.

What are your render settings on these? are you using different lighting presents; using them combined with image styles can produce some amazing results.

thanks

Ananth Narayan

Yes, I realized that the mesh intersects, but have to learn UV mapping. Also no. 287 has too noise, may be I could have increased samples sorry for that. I use 800 x 600 size with samples of around 50-60. This is almost maximum for my PC with AMD A6 processor. I also used 3 point light environment. Is these settings are render settings or is there anything I have to say. Thanks for pointing mistakes.

By Me
Ananth Narayan.

jet1990

those number seem pretty low to me. One thing that always works for me is to set the max samples to a high number and let it render. Once you're happy with the render stop it and save or maybe use the region render on a small area and record how many samples the real-time render gets to once you are happy to do a full render at those settings.

Give the "product" lighting mode a try.

thanks

Josh3D

As concept shots these are great. I can tell you spent some time looking at the detail. Keep that up. I would point out a few things:
- Composition: Watch the space around the object and where you clip other objects.
- Lighting: make sure texture, details, words, and logos are legible
- Material: Study material of the actual object (a cheap handheld microscope can help!)

In general, study all of those disciplines, look at actual product photography and keep at it! You're on your way.

designgestalt

hello  Ananth,

coming back to your problem with the mesh texture:
in your case here, you do not have to dig into the universe of UV mapping.
I assume you took the "box" method  as a mapping type in your bump map.
you could click on "move texture" and rotate the texture to an angle, where you cannot see the seam anymore in this picture.

or in this case here, try "cylindrical " as a mapping type, click on "move texture" and adjust and scale the texture to your object, depending on your texture template that should work as well!

and agrred: 50-60samples are not enough for complex materials and lighting situations.
you can also try out the "custom controls" in the "render" tab under "options", there you can go on a much lower sample count (i.e.) 30 and do a region render to see what the resolution will look like.
once you are ok with all your settings, just throw all renders into the render queue and let the machine render overnight.
even your small pc should be able than to deliver some good results...

cheers
designgestalt

Ananth Narayan

Thank you everyone. After you guys spot mistakes, I can really feel mistakes. But I cannot understand statement "-Composition: Watch the space around the object and where you clip other objects." by josh3d. Thank you guys. Please do keep me helping and so I can reach a small cliff of you professionals.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Ananth Narayan on March 05, 2019, 04:33:53 PM
Thank you everyone. After you guys spot mistakes, I can really feel mistakes. But I cannot understand statement "-Composition: Watch the space around the object and where you clip other objects." by josh3d. Thank you guys. Please do keep me helping and so I can reach a small cliff of you professionals.

Good job for being so open to constructive criticism. It's takes a lot of courage to ask for feedback and actually listen to it. I think what Josh is talking about is when the edge of one object gets very close to another object or the frame of the image. Here's a great list of things that are good to avoid when it comes to composition: 9 visual blunders

Hopefully that's helpful!

Ananth Narayan

Thank you sir, can you provide link or website that deals with lighting, other related stuff for perfect realistic renders. I request you to join my Facebook page www.facebook.com/RealisticRender/ for helping out beginners.

Will Gibbons

I pasted the link above. Should be able to copy/paste the URL. I'm sorry, I don't do Facebook.

Ananth Narayan

Yes I got but asking for other websites that discuss how render should be.