How to add Transparent Thin Film Material ?

Started by brahmzxc, February 06, 2019, 07:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brahmzxc

I have this model of a speaker driver but just can't solve the issue of adding a material as original as in image to the thin Transparent film

Speedster

Try duplicating the surface in KeyShot, then offsetting it jut a tiny amount.  Then you can add the thinfilm to the new surface.
Bill G

brahmzxc

okay thanks for the suggestion i will try that out, :) :) :) but if u can give me more detailed info that would be helpful.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: brahmzxc on February 06, 2019, 11:46:39 AM
okay thanks for the suggestion i will try that out, :) :) :) but if u can give me more detailed info that would be helpful.
Hi brahmzxc.
Bills method is what I would do as well.
If you can share your scene and current status it will be easier for us to help in more details :)

brahmzxc

ok i will try to share the scene but for now can u tell after offsetting which specific material should i use for as to get same transparency?

mattjgerard

There are a lot of tranparent materials in the library, drag and drop, let it cook for a minute and see what you like. There are also a lot of options in the online cloud library as well. You could use the thinfilm material if you desire a view-dependant colorization of the film.

brahmzxc

Ok I will surely try that out..thanks. A lot guys

Victoria36

If you can share your scene and current status it will be easier for us to help in more details. Mobdro

Will Gibbons

Another approach I like is to use the metallic paint material and add a color gradient to the clear coat material.