Struggling with Interior Bathroom Renders

Started by JoshASharp, March 06, 2019, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshASharp

Hi All,

Started trying to do whole room renders as the place I'm working at currently do ranges so obviously this is the best way of showing them off. However, I've tried to do a closed room as I've seen suggested but am really struggling to get it to look right or realistic at all, and so I've spent pretty much all day trying to come up with a studio set up instead, I'll attach both files and would really REALLY appreciate any feedback. The materials of the cabinets are glossy painted grey, so not sure how much more I can do to them to get the depth required.

Attached below is the studio set up I think is best, and 2. is the room set up but obviously havent left it bake long enough

Please follow link for the KSP files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VPpRhM5w6vflYjYsFgJVzuKwO4sBtgh0

Thanks so much in advance, any tips would be super helpful!

Josh

Josip_ZG

I'm trying right now to do something. Write to you later on results.

JoshASharp

Thanks a lot, trying to try and use anisotropic or dielectric to get the super glossy reflections on the units now

Josip_ZG

Hi, Josh.

Your scene takes too long to sample up on my laptop. And also I am not even intermediate level on lighting interiors, but I can help you with materials. For mirror, you can use simple polished chrome, then choose color instead of measured when you apply it. Change the color to white and you have a mirror.
Secondly, for the most important grey parts, I would advise you to put plastic with high refractive index as a label on top of metallic paint. Then choose the vertex color texture, make it have 70% black (or just play around until you find a desired effect), and connect it to opacity node of the plastic label.
Metallic paint is one very versatile material. It can easily look like glossy plastic, metal or metallic paint, depending on how you set it up. Take a look at my screenshot. I used bathroom environment that comes in Keyshot, but there is no interior geometry unfortunately. Just compare the reflections on different parts of the fence and guess which one is with the plastic label and which one is without.

Good luck.

Edit: (added 2 more pictures)
P.S.
First one looks too much like a metal because I had metal coverage on 0.7. Have it at 0 or close to 0 to lose the metal effect. Control the smoothness of your reflections with bump or roughness.
You can see very little bump on one picture (0,01 with noise texture) and higher bump on the other (0,1 - the same texture). Second and third image have a studio environment that is monotone to resemble your scene instead of that bathroom environment.

JoshASharp

Thanks a lot, I'm currently using advanced material type with custom settings and getting a good and similar gloss finish, I'm struggling with lighting and potentially composition really

JoshASharp

Hey all, just bumping this thread because I could really do with some interior scene guidance, cheers!

RRIS

Have a look here, just wrote an extensive list of things to check in interior scenes (though I'm not an expert)

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=24067.0